Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dan

Dan was in one of my first BRCs. He wanted to be reunited with his motorcycle, which was back in Central NY. It was the only wheels he had and he needed it to get to work.

I wracked my brain trying to think of all of my friends from home, college, and family members who lived in NY who might have been able to help him somehow. Didn't come up with much.

He was a nice guy in a tough spot. I really wanted to help. Even thought about riding it back for him the next time we went to NY for a visit.

Then I started thinking about what would happen if something went wrong. What if I crashed the bike on the way home? What if I got there and it had mechanical problems? Plus, should I get involved with a student? Maybe it wasn't such a good idea.

Sometimes the heart says yes but the mind says no.

Looks like you're on your own, Danny Boy.

No comments: